Upcoming Course Dates:
- Sunday Jan 28th
- Sunday Feb 18th
9.30am - 5.30pm
Maximum per course:
Bodyhealththerapies 9 the shrubberies clinic 7 & 8 George Lane South Woodford E18 1BD.
About the tutor
Florence Andrews is the founder of Bodyhealththerapies and the lead tutor on most of the courses.
Florence's background has always been in sport, health and physical activity and has a Bachelor of Science degree in sports science and leisure management from Brunel University and a teacher training qualification and a level 5 clinical and remedial massage qualification. Florence started her career in sports development working for Sport England active communities programme and then several years in public health and physical activity development working for several London borough councils.
Overview and outcome
Learn the types of methods, movements and tools to perform a deep tissue massage.
This is a clinic-based location and the focus is to provide more depth of learning with a small cohort. As a therapist, you will gain the knowledge and skills to know how to apply and when to use each of the movements and tools for a deep tissue massage. The course will equip you with an advanced toolkit to use on your clients which will give you more ways to help with dealing with any pains, discomforts, dysfunction and soft tissue concerns.
Having longevity as a therapist is important and having techniques to save your hands and thumbs will give you an opportunity for a longer career.This course is for therapists that want to learn the principles and the approaches for providing an effective detailed and planned treatment using a variety of techniques and strokes that will help their clients.
You will learn that deep tissue techniques can be used with other massage and soft tissue therapies and how incorporating these techniques can support and aid in reducing muscular pain, stiffness and tension.
- Principles of deep tissue massage
- When and how to apply deep tissue Massage.
- Techniques, movements, tools to use, no hands techniques.
- Appropriate Posture, stance and positioning Do’s and don’ts
- Trigger Points, sensitive spots
- Introduction to Neuromuscular techniques how to apply, its use and why it’s used in massage treatments.
- The practice and application of routines to the posterior upper and lower body
- Developing touch and feel
Who is this course for:
This course is for any level 3 massage therapist and above
Sports Massage therapist, physiotherapist, sports therapist, Remedial and Soft tissue therapist
This course is for therapists that want to
- develop more skills and massage techniques
- have more strokes, and variety to use in their treatments
- work more deeper, have depth to their treatments
- save their hands and learn hands free techniques
- Treat chronic pain, aches, and tension